future of smart

Michael Jennings mej at kainx.org
Thu Jun 12 14:59:58 PDT 2008

On Thursday, 12 June 2008, at 13:48:07 (-0700),
Grant McWilliams wrote:

> This is true as long as both packages are not in the same repository
> (they were). It still comes back to it being a packaging problem but
> exists nonetheless.

That's a repository problem (insofar as the repository is internally
inconsistent) and an administrative problem (insofar as the admin is
using a repository that is lame).  The correct answer (IMHO) is
"choose your repositories more wisely," not "bloat smart."

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej at kainx.org>
Linux Server/Cluster Admin, LBL.gov       Author, Eterm (www.eterm.org)