smart groupinstall

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 11:47:55 PDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 5:48 AM, Anders F Björklund <afb at algonet.se> wrote:

> Ideas?
>>>

>> Can't you add a special "Yum Groups" group, and then add comps.xml to that
>> ?
>> Then you can install/remove the groups just like you do with regular
>> packages
>>
>> However, it seems like "--group" might be missing from `smart query`
>> options
>> so that might be needed in order to do the "grouplist" equivalent for
>> smart.
>>

> I made the necessary patches/additions to smart, so that it will read the
> "group" entry from the repomd.xml and create virtual packages accordingly.
>

> The Yum group format has four kinds of dependencies: mandatory, default,
> optional and conditional - only the first two are added to smart Requires.
> Dependencies can be both for other groups from comps and for real packages,
> both are handled (the groups are all prefixed, to separate from packages)
>
> Some dependencies only exist for certain architectures, and not for others.
> So these will break installation for Smart, and are filtered out
> explicitly*.
> (not sure if this deficiency is part of the "comps" format by itself, or
> just
> in the application thereof as part of the CentOS repository that I tried
> with)
>
> * things like: mcelog, prctl, ppc64-utils, s390utils, and so on and so
> forth
>
> It downloaded the files:
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/i386/repodata/yumgroups.xml
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/extras/i386/repodata/yumgroups.xml

So I need to make a comps.xml groupsfile like this .

<comps>
<!--  <meta> -->
<!-- Meta information will go here eventually -->
<!--  </meta> -->
  <group>
    <id>mygroup</id>
    <name>MyGroup</name>
    <default>true</default>
    <description>Default RPMS from MyRepo</description>
    <uservisible>true</uservisible>
    <packagelist>
      <packagereq type="default">myrpm</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="optional">mybinrpm</packagereq>
    </packagelist>
  </group>
</comps>

and then specify it when doing a createrepo and we're good to go?

If so thanks a million!!!

Grant