--stepped behavior

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Thu Mar 13 15:08:36 PDT 2008

On Factory, after having run update a little while earlier, I tried:

smart upgrade --stepped --yes mkinitrd perl\* y\*

1-all "steps" were one file in size

2-after some _unknown_ number of single packages were downloaded and
installed, it reached yast2-security, whereupon in attempting to commit I got
a half vga=0x305 screen full of error messages, ending with:

"TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
Unhandled exception in thread started by
Error in sys.excepthook:

Original exceptions was:"

and that's it.
--
"Let us not love with words or in talk only.
Let us love by what we do." 1 John 3:18 NLV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409