DeprecationWarnings

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Nov 27 05:22:18 PST 2008

Andreas Hanke wrote:

>> Sorry for the noise. Found it at http://launchpadlibrarian.net/
>> 19297831/smart-py26.diff
>
> That patch is not complete. I've just seen this:
>
>> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/smart/fetcher.py:387:
>> DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib
>> module instead

Thanks, will extend the patch for "sha" as well then...

> On openSUSE (using packages from
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/smart/) I'm additionally
> getting this:
>
>> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/smart/plugins/zyppchannelsync.py:22:
>> DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead

That's openSUSE-specific, but lives in "plugins" branch.

Think most will go in the "testing" branch until it
reaches "trunk", just too many branches otherwise ?

https://code.launchpad.net/~smartpm/smart/testing
Please report any further bugs that you encounter.