Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Sep 29 06:05:04 PDT 2008

Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:

>> Currently pathlist and changelog are not implemented
>> for non-installed packages (i.e. they just return [])
>
> I've skimmed through your mail, but I don't see a list of
> use cases, and what in the current mechanism isn't
> supporting them.
>
> Can you please provide some more details about these?

When trying to view the pathlist or changelog of a
package that is available in a RPM-MD or APT-DEB
repository, but not currently installed on the system,
the list of files or changelog entries is "blank".

The discussion is about providing a way to load the
information from the repository, without installing.
So you would click the Content/Changelog tabs, it
would fetch the data, and then show it to you... ?