Example for adding channel type=apt_deb

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at netsyncro.com
Thu Apr 9 12:27:00 PDT 2009

Hi everyone..

I'm not on real debian, but trying to add an apt_deb channel..

Can someone take a look at this line and correct the example please.
(I've found zarro examples online anywhere)

smart --log-level=debug --ignore-locks channel --add debian type=apt_deb
baseurl="http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists"
distribution="/stable/main/binary-amd64"

This and a few other tests all end up with the same result..

----------
smart --log=debug --ignore-locks search ps
debug: Failed fetching channel
'debian'

Updating cache...
----------

dpkg --version
Debian `dpkg' package management program version 1.15.0 (solaris-amd64)

(I manually created)
mkdir -p /var/lib/dpkg
touch /var/lib/dpkg/status

Not sure what else on my system may be missing or I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

./Christopher
---
Community driven OpenSolaris Technology - http://www.osunix.org