SMART and IPv6

Jani Partanen jiipee at sotapeli.fi
Sun Aug 9 02:09:21 PDT 2009

Hello,

SMART has been there a long time and I'm very happy user. Now I have a
question. Am I only one who use smart in IPv6 enabled servers?

I ask this because I just installed new CentOS 5.3 installation under
xen and then I installed smart. After that I configured radvd into Dom0,
went back to DomU to see that IPv6 works.
Then I was going to do some rpm install with smart but it told me with
every repository that repomd.xml file not found. Then I remember that I
had this issue before few years back and cure was to remove search or
domain line from resolv.conf

Because I had now shiny new installation of CentOS 5.3 and epel offers
only smart v0.52 I fetched Fedora 11 smart v1.2 src.rpm and build it in
hope that it would fix this. But no. It's same with v1.2 smart. If you
have working IPv6 configured, them smart fails to work until you remove
search/domain entries from resolv.conf.

But I would really like to use search option. Does anyone know any
solution for this?

Thanks.

// JiiPee