SMART and IPv6

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Aug 9 04:23:36 PDT 2009

Jani Partanen wrote:

> Umh.. I don't know anything about pycurl? How I can test it?

Smart uses pycurl if available, so you might try to (temporarily)
uninstall it and smart will use python's own "urllib" instead.
Or install it, if it wasn't available/used in the first place.
I believe that the package is called "python-curl" or somesuch ?

http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/python-curl/

> And it's not a big issue that epel only offer 0.52 of smart,
> because it's been running fine years. I just build v1.2 so that I
> can see if that version fix the issue.

There's some bugfixes and new features in all of 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 -
but also it would be nice to make sure that it gets 1.3 as well ?
Double-checking, it seems that smart does have a maintainer in EPEL
now, so maybe it will see an update to later versions - eventually...

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/smart