SMART and IPv6

Jani Partanen jiipee at sotapeli.fi
Sun Aug 9 21:54:54 PDT 2009

Now I must say omg lol!

Reason was that I had in my dns zone setup with wildcard, *.sotapeli.fi
I know it's not rfc stuff, but never had issues with it..
I think what happen is that when system detect that we do have IPv6
connection, it first try to resolve AAAA record and when that fails, it
goes and ask local, so mirror.centos.org becomes
mirror.centos.org.sotapeli.fi, what resolves IPv6 addres into my box!
But if also local fails, then it switch to A record resolving.

Thats the reason why SOME repos did work and others not. Some repos does
have IPv6 support already.
Now if I find a switch what tells that all resolves will be done to A
records first, then I can continue to use wildcard in my dns zone..

But when you dig and dig, sooner or later you find solution :p

So no bug report because of user have made syntax terror ;)