RPM Spec file that demonstrates the modularity of Smart

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Feb 15 08:24:06 PST 2009

Hi.

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:54:32PM -0000, rehan khan wrote:
> This might be interesting to rpm packagers on the list.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/329684
>
> I have hacked the fedora 10 spec file for smart to increase the
> modularity of the install (hope you don't mind Axel). Details are in
> the bug report. Please note it is only an example and would probably
> need some cleanup/updating to actually be used somewhere.

What would the benefit of this microgranularity be?

The currently packaged form into smart, smart-update, smart-gui and
ksmarttray subpackages is already considered too fragmented by many
users.

The current subpackaging is actually done in a way to have the main
smart package pull in only the really required bits compared to pygtk
or kde bits needs by the graphical subpackages.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net