Smart API additions

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Feb 25 14:20:52 PST 2009

Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:

>>> +    def getSource(self):
>>> +
>>
>> PackageKit uses this field to determine
>> which packages have the same "basename".
>
> I didn't understand that at the time you've brought it up, and I
> still don't.
>
> Everything else sounds perfectly sane.

The packages in Fedora tend to build a lot of
variants like -devel or -debuginfo or -libs,
from the same originating source package ?

I agree it's a little fuzzy, that "filter"...

A much more interesting use case for it is
the implementation of the developer commands
"source" and "build-dep" for source packages ?

Something that I miss from apt-get and yum...