Smart on Fedora and openSUSE

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sat Feb 28 02:06:53 PST 2009

Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:

>> Thanks.  I'll have a look at these this week still.  We should
>> release
>> 1.2 shortly with the most important fixes we've got.
>
> I'm already in Smart-coding mode, but haven't managed to get to these
> yet.  Spent a while today trying to understand a bug while testing the
> fix for #268261 (it went in already).  I'll be working on Smart for
> some time next week too, so please ping me if you want to discuss
> something which you feel should be moved on too.

I take it we are not using the "Milestones" feature in Launchpad ?
Otherwise we could add #245470, #259142, #287964 as done as well...

https://launchpad.net/smart/+series
https://launchpad.net/smart/+milestones

I sorted the bugs (and branches) into "1.1.2" and "1.2" and "future",
so it depends on which you want to add to this release... But maybe:

#252824 - no idea why this small bugfix is controversial

#300456 - getScreenWidth() returns 0 on certain terminals

And to work with more recent releases, I think the Python 2.6 update
and the workaround for dependency loops in rpm.org 4.6.0 packages:

#292542 - support python 2.6, as well as python 2.3-2.5

#302395 - remove sys.exit(1) and use "forcerpmorder" fix

There are 40-50 other fixes and features (with pending patches) that
would be nice to have eventually too, how you want to work with them ?