hashlib instead of md5

Antenore Gatta antenore at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 00:52:07 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Anders F Björklund  wrote:

> Antenore Gatta wrote:
>

>> Honestly I didn't verify this issue using the last development branch.
>>

> See http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~smartpm/smart/testing/revision/947<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Esmartpm/smart/testing/revision/947>

Perfect :-) Thanks

> <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Esmartpm/smart/testing/revision/947>
>

> As far as I know, openSUSE doesn't support Smart
> for doing the major distro upgrades like that...

No, it doesn't, they support zypper, but I don't like it :-p

>  Anybody has any ideas to solve these kind of issues?
>>

> The above workaround still "works", I suppose.
> Maybe it could be scripted/integrated somehow ?

Normal, not advanced user, would just panic in case smart wouldn't work and
they will probably switch to another package manager, more over you need to
know which packages to download, from where and which versions... Not so
easy.

It would be great to have a Smart installer, that would download the minimum
bare requirements if not found in the system... Honestly I don't think this
is the perfect solution.

The problem would always happen in the case of a python upgrade. It's not
possible to workaround this problem I think, at least not using Python.

Well, it's also a matter of broken dependencies in distro related
repositories.

I mean, the installation order should be:

1. Upgrade RPM system
2. Install new Python packages
3. Upgrade Smart
4. Remove old not needed packages (i.e Old Python)

But this I think it's a distro issue.