Overview about smart classes/functions etc.

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Sat Jun 6 00:43:05 PDT 2009

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009, metzench at ccux-linux.de wrote:
> To: Anders F Björklund <afb at algonet.se>
> From: metzench at ccux-linux.de
> Subject: Re: Overview about smart classes/functions etc.
>
> Hi Anders,
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
>> There isn't much developer documentation, there's some
>> user docs and that's about it - unless reading the .py
>> source code counts... But if you have questions about it,
>> then do put them to the list. Now, when you say "our
>> own", does that mean with a diffent layout ?
>
> Different layout, yes this is one thought about that. Don'
> t misunderstand this, i really like smart and we are now
> using it nearly since its beginning. But the gtk gui ( and
> so is the qt 3 gui you wrote ) is a little bit outdated
> about gui concepts. Most users want something more fresh
> and perhaps some more of smarts functions when querying
> packages.

My sentiments to.

I would like to see a search facility inside the Content
tab of the lower window pane.

This would allow one to see if a particular file exists
in an installed package, and to find out it's installation
path on the system.

Some packages have LOTS of files installed and searching
manually can be quite a chore.

Regarding a Python GUI IDE for developing Smart PM -
Eclipse provides a Python IDE plugin.

Not tested it out yet - I'm on Fedora 10, and ran out of
disk space when trying to install Fedora 10's default
Eclipse package and the Python plugin.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: