Overview about smart classes/functions etc.

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sat Jun 6 05:06:54 PDT 2009

> I already downloaded your qt3 interface ( but it doesn' t seem to be
> finished yet, throws some strange errors on some functions ). It
> should be
> possible to port it to qt4, some main classes changed with that,
> but  it
> would be worth a try. Perhaps i' m going to have a deeper look into
> this
> this evening.

It seemed there are a lot of changes that will take some effort to fix:
- All the imports have changed, i.e. "qt" is now PyQt4.QtGui or QtCore.
- The list view has split into three, and it now uses models (like gtk).
- All the "box" widgets are gone, now needs to have layout set
explicitly.

And there are the usual renamings of classes and methods, unfortunately
these are rather tedious to do in Python compared to what C/C++ can do.