Smart 1.2 is out!
Anders F Björklund
afb at algonet.se
Wed Mar 4 15:58:35 PST 2009
Version 1.2 of Smart has just been made available in the web site:
The tarball's MD5 is 233ccbd1e666a9a7c5e1cc7900075d93
This is a minor bug fix release, with the following changes:
- Smart now works with Python 2.6, as well as Python 2.3 still.
- Timestamps of fetched files was setting the wrong timezone,
which could trigger unnecessary downloads of unchanged files.
- A timeout was added to pycurl connections, to avoid hangs.
- Debian backend now recognizes Darwin and Solaris packages.
- An option was added to the KDE smarttray to start the GUI up.
- When using "rpm-root", now correctly use an absolute path.
- Screen width now defaults to 80 characters, if detection fails.
- Pathlist/contents were updated to work with newer RPM versions.
- Smart now doesn't exit when encountering RPM dependency loops.
Fedora 11 (rawhide) brings some changes in RPM and repositories,
such as SHA256 checksums, that Smart isn't yet able to handle.
The above changes should be enough for the RPM version in Fedora 10,
but Fedora 11 support is in progress for a future release of Smart.
More information about the Smart