smart for Fedora 11

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Mon Mar 2 05:44:51 PST 2009

Hey Axel,

> I'm trying to use smart to manage Fedora 11 chroots (the host is
> RHEL5). smart fails with
(...)
> Is there some patch to apply to smart to make it work with the above
> setup (RHEL5 host with rawhide/Fedora 11 chroots?). I've read the
> recent posts on this, but there wasn't something striking out to say
> "apply me" :)
>
> The setup with Fedora 10 & updates chroots which does look quite
> similar to the rawhide/Fedora 11 ones work OK.

Does it work fine if you use the Python version of the cache?  Try
commenting out the import from ccache at the end of cache.py to check
it out.

RPM is probably returning unicode strings in a place it didn't use to,
so we'll probably have to adapt Smart accordingly.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net