Local Vs. network channels

Greg Kurtzer gmkurtzer at gmail.com
Mon May 18 13:07:05 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am noticing a behavior in Smart that I would like to tune but don't
see a documented manner to do this.

If I mirror a network channel to a local directory and have both the
network and local channels configured in Smart, I notice that Smart
prefers to use the remote channel and download the package even though
there is already a copy in the local channel.

In my mind, the expected and preferable behavior would be to use the
local package unless there is a newer version in network repository.

I have tried manipulating priorities to no avail but configuring the
local directory as "removable" did work (but that is a kludge in this
particular example).

Any advice on how to setup an affinity to use local packages would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Greg Kurtzer