Smart 1.2 vendor branches

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Sep 28 06:27:46 PDT 2009

Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:

>> Most of these were added to the "1.3" milestone,
>> will likely end up getting pushed to "1.4" now ?
>
> We should discuss this indeed.  It really depends on what we want our
> target to be.  Are there any bugs which would really require us to
> release 1.3 now?  If not, we can start working on integrating larger
> changes and stabilizing it for 1.3 still.  What's your feeling about
> it?

As far as I am aware, the only required patches are
for Fedora and they are applied downstream already.
(Smart works with older Fedora 9 and with the "LTS"
i.e. CentOS, but not with the newer Fedora releases)

I think there were some minor bugs fixed in Ubuntu/Debian,
i.e. the ones that have been added to "trunk" since 1.2 ?
The other two I added were "newer" and "lzma"/xz, since
they are applied downstream in a non-compatible fashion.

All the others can be punted to next release instead.
But sure, it could still be called "1.3" if desired...
Just figured one _could_ release the minor fixes (only),
and then start "trunk" clean with the added features ?

We didn't do 1.0.1, so I figured we didn't want 1.2.1...
(i.e. old fixes went in a 1.1, so they could go in a 1.3)
So my feeling was that it would be easiest to add a "1.4"
and move from https://launchpad.net/smart/+milestone/1.3

Something like:

Smart 1.3: ETA 2009-09-30 (moved from 2009-07-31)
Smart 1.4: ETA 2009-11-30 (or perhaps 2009-12-31)