Smart Roadmap

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Mon Apr 5 06:48:44 PDT 2010

> Smart 1.3.x
> https://launchpad.net/smart/+milestone/1.3.1
>
> Everything but the fixes for pycurl has now been committed,
> making for a prerelease version of 1.3.1 available in bzr.
> Once the curl is in, it will be tagged ("1.3.1") as well...
> But please use bzr (branch lp:smart) for delivery meanwhile.

I haven't followed up since our last conversation on the curl-backed
fetcher, but again, please be careful there.  It took a while to get
it to a point where it wouldn't freeze due to bad interaction between
the threads and multi-curl, so naively removing the safeguards will
likely yield into bad results which again will be hard to fix.

> Smart 1.4.x
> https://launchpad.net/smart/+milestone/1.4
>
> Main features are a new GTK interface, new Qt4 interface,
> source packages and errata information. New features, like
> metapackages or deltapackages, and depsolving are currently
> on hold, due to lack of resources. Ditto for new home page.

I'd also like to submit the improvements on the ordering mechanism
which I have on hold for a while once 1.3.X ships.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net