Smart Roadmap

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Apr 5 07:16:25 PDT 2010

Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:

>> Smart 1.4.x
>> https://launchpad.net/smart/+milestone/1.4
>>
>> Main features are a new GTK interface, new Qt4 interface,
>> source packages and errata information. New features, like
>> metapackages or deltapackages, and depsolving are currently
>> on hold, due to lack of resources. Ditto for new home page.
>
> I'd also like to submit the improvements on the ordering mechanism
> which I have on hold for a while once 1.3.X ships.

We could put them on a bzr branch meanwhile, perhaps ?
That is where I have the smart features mentioned above,
since we don't have two "trunk" (e.g. stable/unstable).
Just makes for a lot of merging, when trying to release.

I took the fixing of the ordering mechanism off the roadmap
for now, at least until someone is actually working on it...
But it would of course be nice to have, along with some way
of interrupting a depsolving run - after a timeout perhaps ?