Python versions

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Feb 24 00:15:29 PST 2010

While fixing some issues found with Python 2.7 (in alpha),
I was annoyed that the tests for Python 2.3 weren't working.

It's easy enough to introduce some incompatibility, without
the tests. So I backported enough to make "make test" work.

Basically I added "set" and "sorted()" since many used those,
and patched the 2.3 doctest with the missing ELLIPSIS feature.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/525940
https://code.launchpad.net/~afb/smart/python23

--anders

PS. Most sane systems use Python 2.5 or later, it's just the
Red Hat Enterprise Linux that is using the ancient versions...

If you have multiple versions installed (good for testing),
you can test with for instance : PYTHON=python2.3 make test