Qt interface in trunk

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Feb 2 07:52:54 PST 2010

Free Ekanayaka wrote:

> AFB> If you are packaging Smart, you want to rename your "smart-
> gui" package
>   AFB> to "smart-gtk" and have both "smart-qt" and "smart-gtk" provide
>   AFB> that... ?
>
> Currently the Debian package sporting the gtk gui is called
> "smartpm". I'm not sure what to do actually, maybe I'll just add a new
> "smartpm-qt" sporting the Qt-based gui.

That'd work.

One could do the same for the "smart-gui", and just add "smart-qt".
After all, the GTK+ interface is still the default --gui option...
You might also want to call it "-qt3" like the other deb packages*,
even though the interface is "qt" and the dependency is "PyQt" ?

* http://packages.ubuntu.com/python-qt3

--anders

PS. Any chance of getting 1.2.1 or "1.3~bzr" in a PPA ?
     Would make testing easier for Ubuntu users I think.