dist upgrade like

Antenore Gatta antenore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 05:11:37 PST 2010

Hi all,

first of all Happy New Year to everybody!

I've a custom OpenSuse 11.1, I say custom because I'm using several
different repositories (xorg and kernel for example to use last
radeonhd) and I tried to upgrade manually to 11.2 without success.

OpenSusse advice to use zypper, but it lacks on several things where
smart is more.... Smart :-) (like a working proxy support + channel
editing + multiple versions, rpm options, ... ) except this dist
upgrade that seems to be my savior.

Maybe someone here as an hint...

This is what I've done

1. Performed an upgrade of the 11.1 (Successful)
2. Editing of all the channels with the new URIs (Successful)
3. Clean of the cache. (Successful)
4. Update (Successful)
5. Upgrade (stuck for hours using 100% of one of the CPU).

I guess I have too many packages and channels, anybody here tried
something similar?

Do you kindly have an idea?

Thank you very much!

Antenore.