Smart Features

afb at algonet.se afb at algonet.se
Sun Jul 18 03:56:58 PDT 2010

The source package (and build-dep) feature has been removed from 1.4,
since I don't have the time to do it properly (much like comps/tasks)

I still think they are both good features, but should be implemented
properly. Hacking these in has consequences to normal packages...

Ditto with uninstalled pathlists/changelogs, parsing huge XML files
or accessing the network on each method invocation wasn't very good.

So those will still be shown only for installed packages (like now),
which limits some PackageKit features like extracting desktop icons.

The remaining feature in risk is the security errata information, it
might revert to the severity flag only (security/bugfix/enhancement)

Seems like a big change to inflict only to find the data missing for
major distributions like Ubuntu or CentOS. (i.e. Package.getErrata())

I haven't received much feedback on the merged Qt4 interface yet, it
was still missing some of the later features like the Changelog tab.

But it is functional, so if you are using KDE or KDE4 you should give
the Qt or Qt4 interface a try (it's also a workaround for glib 2.24).

--anders

PS.
See https://launchpad.net/smart for code and bugs