rpm.archscore's influence on smart

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Mar 23 07:48:31 PDT 2010

Eric MSP Veith wrote:

> basileia:~# python -c 'import rpm; print rpm.archscore("i586")'
> 2
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> - --->%---
>
> I'll provide the core dump if it helps somebody, but it's 980K big
> and I
> guess the ML will reject it.

You can do a gdb backtrace, if you have python and rpm debuginfo ?

> But it seems I'm misusing the mechanism here, since you do not seem
> to have
> any problems with it?

Haven't seen this platform problem when using rpm 5.2.0 so far, no.

> However, that still doesn't solve this issue: Why keep the rpm-md
> packages
> popping up, even if I don't have /etc/rpm/platform (except if that
> file
> exists and contains "i686-slackware-linux"), but the rpm-dir won't?

It should be the same logic applied for both types of rpm channels:

             if rpm.archscore(arch) == 0:
                 continue

Do you get similar results for the rpmdir and metadata tests too ?

make test TEST="tests/rpmdir.txt tests/metadata.txt"