Smart 1.3.1 is out!

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue May 4 02:05:43 PDT 2010

Free Ekanayaka wrote:

>   AFB> I tagged smart-1.3.1 in Launchpad. (lp:smart)
>   AFB> https://launchpad.net/smart/+milestone/1.3.1
>
>   AFB> It is a bugfix release for the 1.2/1.3 series,
>   AFB> merging of new features will happen in 1.4...
>
> Nice, I'll update the Debian packages in the next days, fixing also
> the
> outstanding package issues.

You'll be happy to find that most of the patches are now
upstream, and in a manner that actually makes them work :-)

* 02_fix_fetcher_test.patch (caused an infinite recursion)
* 03_setup.patch (using [5:] kinda only worked with "/usr")
* 06_CVE-2009-3560.patch (applied upstream)
* 06_CVE-2009-3720.patch (applied upstream)

The README.Debian could probably need some minor updating:
+Smart is a package managment application with a lot of the features
+that apt has and more. Smart can work as a cli application or as a GUI
+application with a gtk frontend. It supports deb, rpm, slack packages.

Beyond typos, Smart now has both a gtk and a qt frontend,
and it now supports (at least) deb, rpm, slack and arch ?

Thanks for packaging!

Any chance of an Ubuntu PPA too ?