Still unable to use Smart with Mandriva

Steve Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Tue Aug 2 01:38:29 PDT 2011

On 17/07/11 09:27, Steve Morris wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have just upgraded my Mandriva System to 2011.0 and synced smart
> to those urpmi repositories but I am still unable to use smart. Before
> syncing I deleted the smart cache and deleted all existing repository
> definitions, then ran the smart gui. In the gui I ran a repository
> update to retrieve the synthesis files, and at the end of this process
> I got the error messages listed below, but they were on the
> unnecessary info.lzma file that I had reported previously with the
> previous version of Mandriva.
>     The messages below were from running sudo smart update from a
> shell. The other thing I don't understand with these errors is that
> the gui interface had already successfully downloaded the file
> identified in the below messages, so I don't understand why the smart
> shell interface got the error.
>
> Fetching information for 'Netspace 2011 Contrib 64 bit'...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/smart-1.4", line 200, in <module>
>     main(sys.argv[1:])
>   File "/usr/bin/smart-1.4", line 173, in main
>     exitcode = iface.run(opts.command, opts.argv)
>   File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/interface.py", line
> 53, in run
>     result = _command.main(self._ctrl, opts)
>   File
> "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/commands/update.py", line
> 82, in main
>     failed = not ctrl.reloadChannels(channels, caching=NEVER)
>   File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/control.py", line
> 388, in reloadChannels
>     if not channel.fetch(self._fetcher, progress):
>   File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/channels/urpmi.py",
> line 122, in fetch
>     fetcher.run(progress=progress)
>   File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/fetcher.py", line
> 253, in run
>     if not handler.tick():
>   File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/fetcher.py", line
> 1596, in tick
>     item.setSucceeded(localpath, fetchedsize)
>   File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/fetcher.py", line
> 597, in setSucceeded
>     self._progress.setSubDone(self._urlobj.original)
>   File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/progress.py", line
> 251, in setSubDone
>     fragment, subdata) = self.__subprogress[subkey]
> KeyError:
> 'ftp://ftp.netspace.net.au/linux/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/x86_64/media/contrib/release/media_info/MD5SUM'
>

> regards,
> Steve
Hi,
      Can someone tell me why this error occurs, and continues to occur,
and why the standard Mandriva urpmi application doesn't have any issue
with the same file (assuming the Mandriva package manager actually reads
the file)? Or, alternatively, how do we configure Smart to not attempt
to download the files that continually give Smart a problem, that the
Mandriva package manager doesn't download until they are actually
required by the gui process (and subsequently ignored by the package
manager if the download fails, as things like the info files are not
critical to the functionality of the application)

regards,
Steve