Still unable to use Smart with Mandriva

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Aug 5 00:18:26 PDT 2011

Steve Morris wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have just upgraded my Mandriva System to 2011.0 and synced smart to those urpmi repositories but I am still unable to use smart. Before syncing I deleted the smart cache and deleted all existing repository definitions, then ran the smart gui.

As far as I know, Mandriva 2011.0 is not released and there is nobody working on developing/testing Smart 1.4 on it.

> In the gui I ran a repository update to retrieve the synthesis files, and at the end of this process I got the error messages listed below, but they were on the unnecessary info.lzma file that I had reported previously with the previous version of Mandriva.

The info.xml.lzma file is used for some of the info, like source/url/license etc, not in the "synthesis" file.

>    The messages below were from running sudo smart update from a shell. The other thing I don't understand with these errors is that the gui interface had already successfully downloaded the file identified in the below messages, so I don't understand why the smart shell interface got the error.
>
> Fetching information for 'Netspace 2011 Contrib 64 bit'...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/bin/smart-1.4", line 200, in <module>
>    main(sys.argv[1:])
>  File "/usr/bin/smart-1.4", line 173, in main
>    exitcode = iface.run(opts.command, opts.argv)
>  File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/interface.py", line 53, in run
>    result = _command.main(self._ctrl, opts)
>  File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/commands/update.py", line 82, in main
>    failed = not ctrl.reloadChannels(channels, caching=NEVER)
>  File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/control.py", line 388, in reloadChannels
>    if not channel.fetch(self._fetcher, progress):
>  File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/channels/urpmi.py", line 122, in fetch
>    fetcher.run(progress=progress)
>  File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/fetcher.py", line 253, in run
>    if not handler.tick():
>  File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/fetcher.py", line 1596, in tick
>    item.setSucceeded(localpath, fetchedsize)
>  File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/fetcher.py", line 597, in setSucceeded
>    self._progress.setSubDone(self._urlobj.original)
>  File "/usr/local/downloads/smart/smart-1.4/smart/progress.py", line 251, in setSubDone
>    fragment, subdata) = self.__subprogress[subkey]
> KeyError: 'ftp://ftp.netspace.net.au/linux/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/x86_64/media/contrib/release/media_info/MD5SUM'

Presumably this internal error stopped it from working/completing properly ?

Still think it's related to https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/244605