Still unable to use Smart with Mandriva

Steve Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Wed Aug 17 13:53:04 PDT 2011

On 17/08/11 17:34, Anders F Björklund wrote:
>>> So it's foo-1.0-2mdv2010.0 versus foo-1.0-2-mdv2011.0
>>> This prevents everything expecting (E,V,R) from working.
>>>
>> Thanks Anders, I didn't notice or realise there was an extra - in the name.
> It gets worse, as it also added to all dependencies as well:
> foo = 1.0-2mdv2010.0 versus foo = 1.0-2:2011.0
>
> So *all* version comparisons need to be able to handle the
> Distepoch, and some/most confuse it with the regular Epoch.
>
> --anders
They are using that convention for every package across the entire
distribution. I'm not sure why, but it may have something to do with the
fact that it looks like Mandriva may be moving away from urpmi/rpm to
mpm/mdvpkg, based on conversations I'm seeing on cooker around trying to
get that combination to function properly, and to do things like not
auto remove orphans.

regards,
Steve