How do I exclude unneeded files from channel updates

Steve Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Thu May 26 14:04:04 PDT 2011

Hi Anders,
     I am having extreme difficulties undertaking channel updates
because of key failures on various info.xml.lzma files. These files are
not required for channel updates, and the Mandriva equivalent of the
smart gui interface only attempts to download these info files when the
user requests additional information on a package. How do I exclude
these info.xml.lzma files from the channel update process so that I can
actually update all the channels?
     Also, is it possible to have the smart channel definitions use the
same files as the Mandriva package manager, so that I can undertake
channel updates in either package and have both see any changes?

regards,
Steve