Failure using Smart with Fedora 17

Edward Diener eldiener at tropicsoft.com
Wed Jul 18 18:14:55 PDT 2012

I setup Smart to use it with Fedora 17. I brought up Smart and added in
my channel information for the Main Fedora 17 repository and the Update
Fedora 17 repository. I did this by opening up the appropriate .repo in
/etc/yum/repos.d and copying the baseurl, mirrorlist, and gpg-key
entries into the appropriate Base URL, Mirror List URL, and Fingerprint
fields in the RPM-MD channel dialog in smart-gui.

But when I try to update the main channel I eventually get:

"Download of repomd.xml.asc failed for secure channel 'Fedora 17 -
x86_64': File not found for validation"

and when I try to update the update channel I eventually get:

"Download of repomd.xml.asc failed for secure channel 'Fedora 17 -
x86_64 - Updates': File not found for validation"

Is there a way to get Smart working with Fedora 17 ?

The version of Smart offered with Fedora 17 is smart-1.3.1-68.f17 64 bit.

Edward Diener