Server crash

Jani Partanen jiipee at sotapeli.fi
Tue Jan 1 04:14:44 PST 2013

Hello guys!

I have hit problem with smart on my centos 5.8 box. I had issues to
upgrade system with v0.52, what is latest build for centos, so I did
build 1.4.1 myself. I got system up to date. (0.52 did hangs to
dependency check forever)

Now that issue is back with 1.4.1 and it's not only that it hangs smart,
it will crash whole server if you forget it and let it run background
long time. Server has crashed now 2 times. It goes unresponsible,
nothing works, won't even remove screen blank with keypress so only
option is dirty boot.

Also I would like to know if there is any future with smart? I have
noticed it's been very quiet here. So would it be better to just give up
with smart and switch back to yum?
I really like smart and I have been using it all my systems for years
and would like to continue that way.

// JiiPee