Smart 1.4.1 with Fedora 18

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Sun Mar 3 13:24:07 PST 2013

Hi,
     I have now upgraded to Fedora 18 and I am having a couple of issues
with Smart 1.4.1.

     - In a previous email relative to Fedora 17 Anders mentioned that
he didn't think base and mirror list urls could be mixed, but if both
were specified the base url would be ignored and the mirror list used
instead, if this is the case why does smart insist that a base url be
supplied if a mirror list is specified?

     - Relative to the above, if the mirror list is specified as the
base url smart reads the raw html/xml supplied by the mirror list rather
than the url's the mirror list is providing and then complains its not
valid.

     - Also, when I have configured smart to use the same mirror lists
and url's as Yum is using, why does smart tell me there is nothing to
upgrade when Yum tells me there is 83 packages to upgrade, which
packagekit also told me before I even configured smart?

     - Is it possible to get the smart base url/mirror list
functionality changed? For 2 of the repositories configured I would like
smart to use the base url instead of the mirror list unless the base url
is out of date compared the the mirror list repositories or the base url
is problematic, in which case I want smart to use the mirror list instead?

regards,
Steve