Smart 1.4.1 error in PCLOS 2014

Frater AEC frateraec at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 15:06:19 PDT 2014

Anders wrote:

>I don't see what the conflicting files have to do with a rolling release...
>
>You mean that the packages are broken more often, because of the lack of
release management ?

>Or that it needs to be more bug-compatible with apt-rpm, to support
whatever it is PCLOS is doing ?

The number of updated packages is different with the commands "apt-get
--upgrade" and "apt-get --dist-upgrade". In practical terms, depending on
the amount of updated packages, "smart --upgrade" does not solves all
dependencies and "apt-get --dist-upgrade" solves.
This problem should not occur. What is the difference in treatment rpm
dependencies between "apt-get --dist-upgrade" and "smart --upgrade"?

Thanks,

FraterLinux