Fwd: Upgrade Kernel using smart PM installs unnecessary modules

Tarek El-Sherbiny tarek.elsherbiny at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 05:24:32 PST 2014

Hi,
When smart detect a Kernel upgrade *"smart upgrade" command *it installs
not only the kernel and installed modules but also any kernel module that
is available in the feed.
Before running the command I had 6 modules installed but now it's
installing over 300 modules.Most of these modules are not relevant and not
installed on my system.

How do I tell smart to check and upgrade only  for the currently installed
kernel modules?

I'm running OE Yocoto build on i.MX6 platform using rpm packages.

Thanks
--
*Tarek*

--