Smart Only Allows one Kernel to be Installed by Default

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Mon Jun 16 15:37:44 PDT 2014

Hi,
      I have been encountering an issue for sometime with Smart 1.4.1
whereby it will allow, by default, 1 kernel at a time to be installed on
the grounds that multiple kernel versions cannot co-exist with each
other. I don't understand why this is the case in Fedora (this occurs in
all versions from Fedora 18 to Fedora 20) when the same version under
Mandriva allowed multiple kernel versions by default.
      I can get smart to allow multiple kernels by issuing the
multi-version flag parameter, but why is this necessary when it is not
required to allow multiple versions of the kmod.nvidia proprietary packages?
      Having told smart to allow multiple versions of the kernel to be
installed how do I specify how many versions I want maintained, like can
be done with the native Fedora package manager?

regards,
Steve