Smart 1.5 is out!

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Wed Nov 5 12:24:13 PST 2014

On 11/04/2014 06:22 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Stephen Morris wrote:
>
>>     I ran the build process for 1.5 and have attached the log file I produced.
>>
>>     I also did 2 test runs, the first by doing a cd into lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/smart and running the command ../../scripts-2.7/smart.py update, which produced the following output:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "../../scripts-2.7/smart.py", line 27, in <module>
>>     from smart import init, initDistro, initPlugins, initPycurl, initPsyco
>>   File "/usr/local/downloads/Smart/smart-1.5/build/scripts-2.7/smart.py", line 27, in <module>
>>     from smart import init, initDistro, initPlugins, initPycurl, initPsyco
>> ImportError: cannot import name init
> To run it inline, you need to build it inline first...
>
> Normally the command is "python setup.py build_ext -i",
> but there is also the short-hand of "make ext" available.
>
> Then you should be able to run it with just. ./smart.py
Hi Anders,
     Just following up on my previous email, if I delete the entire
smart-1.5 directory and extract smart from the bz2 file again, then run
either ./setup.py build_ext -i or make ext followed by ./setup.py I get
the following traceback (before running the build/make when I ran
./smart.py I got the error that module cdistance didn't exist).

./smart.py update
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./smart.py", line 200, in <module>
     main(sys.argv[1:])
   File "./smart.py", line 170, in main
     initPlugins()
   File "/usr/local/downloads/Smart/smart-1.5/smart/__init__.py", line
188, in initPlugins
     __import__("smart.plugins."+entry[:-3])
ValueError: Empty module name

     Why are these occurring, I didn't have these problems with smart
1.4.1 where I had to issue a make ext to get around the cdistance issue?

regards,
Steve