gpgcheck in smart

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Mon Aug 10 08:33:41 PDT 2015

On 8/10/15 2:22 AM, Divya Vyas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am adding rpm-md type channel in smart channels. I want to verify gpg
> signature for rpms coming from smart tool. How I can do that ? For yum I can add
> gpgcheck=1 in configuration file. Here is smart tool /var/lib/smart/config is
> converted file Hence cannot directly add into it.
>
> Is there any command line way to add it? If I do gpgcheck=1 what will happen?

RPM(5) always verifies the signatures before allowing an installation.  So while
smart may download something that has not been verified and pass it to RPM,
RPM(5) will verify it before installation... (and before reading additional
metadata preventing corrupted RPMs from doing bad things...)

--Mark