gpgcheck in smart

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Mon Aug 10 11:47:14 PDT 2015

On 8/10/15 1:10 PM, Divya Vyas wrote:
> If rpm verifies the gpg signature and it does not matches or key not available ,
> then will it give warning or error/quit?

By default warn that it's not available.  But by default -all- RPM 5 packages
contain unvalidated signatures.  So it's only a problem if you have signed the
packages yourself.. then you need to ensure the key is loaded before you go to
install them.  Also when you sign you want to -add- a signature, not replace it.
 If you replace the built-in sig, then you have prevented the first stage
validation for occurring if the signature is not available in the RPM DB.

--Mark