Smart freezes

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Mon Dec 5 17:52:40 PST 2005

> This is the *third* time for me that smart on SuSE 10.0 has frozen
> while "installing" the packages it has just downloaded.  I'm more
> interested in upgrading my system than in trying out betas.

That's the way the open source model works. I'm now on a hotel,
at 23:32, and I'm using my own personal time to catch the problem
and fix it in an acceptable way, thanks to the help of other folks
that just like me enjoy software development.

> Back to using apt-get for upgrading from package repositories.

I was the maintainer of the RPM port of APT for the last few years.
Let me know if you need help.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net