SuSE freeze fixed!

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Tue Dec 6 06:44:28 PST 2005

> We never had rpm-4.4.1 in SUSE... ;)

Indeed.. it wouldn't freeze with 4.4.1. ;-)

> > This is a known problem, long since fixed. I suggest you spend the
> > time looking at the very modest patch.
>
> It simply doesn't apply to 4.1.1 - which is used in SUSE Linux.

I belive he was suggesting you should try to understand what
the patch is about. Oden explains the change in the link I
posted in the first message of that thread. Unforunately the
patch there, which applies on 4.2.3, is a dead link. Even then,
the patch in fray's site is pretty short, so you should be able
to figure it out by looking at the code.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net