SuSE freeze fixed!

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Tue Dec 6 07:50:34 PST 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 9:21 AM, Christoph Thiel wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>
>>> I have the feeling that this freezes aren't happening exclusively on
>>> SUSE Linux ;)
>>>

>> Wanna bet? SuSE is the only major distro still using rpm-4.4.1 in
>> "production".
>
> We never had rpm-4.4.1 in SUSE... ;)

Yep. I can't type well, and it's been 3+ years since I've had to type
"4.1.1"

My apologies.

>> This is a known problem, long since fixed. I suggest you spend the
>> time
>> looking at the very modest patch.
>
> It simply doesn't apply to 4.1.1 - which is used in SUSE Linux.

The fix in rpm-4..1.1 is way way simpler, should be as simple
as changing the value of the reaper variable to use waitpid, not
the signal handler.

Surely you can figger a 1 line patch to change a variables's value
all buy your self.

If not, post a reference to what sources you wish a patch for and
I will send you a patch that *does* apply cleanly.

73 de Jeff