SuSE freeze fixed!

Aschwin Marsman aschwin at marsman.org
Thu Dec 8 10:56:43 PST 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Mauricio Teixeira wrote:
> Em Qua, 2005-12-07 às 11:18 +0100, Aschwin Marsman escreveu:
>
> > Is it possible to adapt this so it looks like 'rpm -q smart' output?
>
> Nope. The program version can't take into consideration package
> releases, which can vary from distro to distro. 0.40 is the version,
> 14.guru.suse100 is a package release (the program didn't change).

I don't think this is correct, a patch was added to the 0.40 release
to solve the problem of this thread: freezing on SUSE because of an
old rpm version. In this case you want to know when you get a bug
report that it is 0.40 including some patches: versions before
14.guru.suse100 like 12.guru.suse100 contains the problem.

> > This takes to much time because of the cache.
>
> This can't be avoided, since either 'info' or 'query' can show
> information for bot installed or not installed packages (which needs the
> cache).

I understand. Maybe an option to indicate you only want info for installed
versions (that will be a lot quicker).

Best regards from the Netherlands,

Aschwin Marsman

--