Upgrades with modified archs

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Dec 30 06:42:31 PST 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 11:29:33AM -0200, Mauricio Teixeira wrote:
> Em Sex, 2005-12-30 às 14:31 +0100, Axel Thimm escreveu:
>
> > packages that were i386 become noarch and smart's upgrade would try to
> > update these packages.
>
> IIRC, upgrade is calculated by name + version + release. If the package
> changes arch, but maintains version/release, it doesn't need to be
> upgraded.

EVR upgrade was implied, but I should had made that clear, sorry for
the too short description of the problem.

smart install foo would upgrade the package. It was smart upgrade that
failed to pick it up due to i386 -> noarch change (along with bumping
the EVR).

Maybe there is some arch protection that can be turned off?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net