smart-0.40 stops on installations

regus_patoff at razzolink.com regus_patoff at razzolink.com
Sun Nov 13 13:22:03 PST 2005

I have, also, had this same problem. Actually, I have had it with every
version of smart that I have used. Currently, I am using
smart-0.40-12.guru.suse100.i686 and smart-gui-0.40-12.guru.suse100.i686
and still get the same problem. What I have found to do is when smart
locks up, I kill it, open a terminal, change directory to
/var/lib/smart/packages, use rpm -Uhvv to install anything that has not
been installed and then remove the packages that have not been cleaned
up. It is a pain, but it works for me, your mileage might vary.

Dave

MURPHY'S LAW:   If anything can go wrong, it will.