[issue39] install option

Hawkwind hawkwind at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 22:57:58 PST 2005

Curious as to why someone would install it to the users home directory
?  All executables go into /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin and are system
wide.  I personally wouldn't use a package manager that asked me such
a question.  I'd definitely find something better and smarter if it
asked such silly questions IMHO.

On 11/5/05, jon at Labix Tracker <tracker at labix.org> wrote:

> New submission from jon <linux.learner at gmail.com>:
>
> it would be nice if smart, upon installing a package or series of packages,
> would ask the user if they want to install it in their home directory or system
> wide. if they choose system wide, then they need to enter root password,
> otherwise it would be installed in the home directory.
>
> ----------
> messages: 97
> nosy: linux_learner
> priority: wish
> project: smart
> status: unread
> title: install option
>
> _______________________________________
> Labix issue tracker <tracker at labix.org>
> <http://tracker.labix.org/issue39>

Sincere Regards,

Cliff Wade
(Hawkwind)

The box said: Requires Windows 98 or better, So I installed Linux!
Registered Linux User #362532
http://seerofsouls.com
http://linuxfordummies.org
http://doomsickle.com