Random GUI crashes on SuSE 10.0

regus_patoff at razzolink.com regus_patoff at razzolink.com
Tue Apr 25 09:13:23 PDT 2006

I tried as was suggested; i.e. starting smart --gui in a terminal to
see, if there was any output to the terminal; alas, there was none.  I
hope the following information is helpful.

When I did an upgrade, there were approximately 100 packages to be
changed in someway. The new ones were all downloaded with no problem.
This time the gui crashed or went into an endless loop, at the beginning
of the implementation process. It completed the preparation step, but
never completed installing the first package after 10 minutes. This
problem does not occur in the same spot, when it does occur, but it is
always during the implementation.

I killed it, looked at the terminal: there was no output, that is the
terminal simply had a prompt on it.

I used the command line and smart installed all packages and made all
changes in about 10 minutes.

If there any other suggestions, I will try them, so that this problem
can be eliminated.

Dave

 My motto is: One chocolate donut is worth 100 bran muffins.