forcing package downgrades

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Wed Apr 19 13:15:41 PDT 2006

> I just noticed that the smart info for the nrpms package showed priority
> 0...  Do I have something cached that needs to be removed so the the
> -1000 priority is seen?

No, you don't. You have to reduce the priority of the channel providing
the *installed* packages. The default priority for a package is the
highest priority of all the channels it is available. That package is
currently in two channels: your rpm database (priority = 0, it seems),
and nrpms (priority = -1000).

Set the priority of your installed database (type = rpm-sys) to -1000
and you'll get the behavior you want.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net