[issue191] Download progressbar indicates percentage on # of package, not KBs downloaded

Tomás Pollak at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Wed Aug 9 13:41:18 PDT 2006

New submission from Tomás Pollak <tomaspollak at gmail.com>:

As the title says, currently the progressbar for the "downloading packages"
window in the Smart GUI calculates percentage upon the number of packages
downloaded, divided by the total of packages needed to get.

I think this is a terrible method, since I may be upgrading a small app (lets
say, a plugin for Thunar) and also the Linux kernel. In that case, the
progressbar would reach 50% after one second (100Kb or so download), and the
100% would be completed after a minute or perhaps more. It doesn't make any sense.

The percentage, i think, should be calculated by total KB, not by package
number. I mean, the downloaded KB divided by the total KB needed to be downloaded.

messages: 611
nosy: tomas
priority: bug
project: smart
status: unread
title: Download progressbar indicates percentage on # of package, not KBs downloaded